How to keep clean braces
How to Keep Your Braces Clean and sparkling!
When you have braces, it's important to take extra care of your teeth and gums to avoid cavities and gum disease. Luckily, there are a few simple tricks you can use to make sure your smile stays healthy and sparkling throughout your treatment!
1. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush - You should brush your teeth at least twice a day, and it's important to use a toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid damaging your braces. Be sure to brush gently around each wire and bracket, using circular, back-and-forth, and up-and-down motions. Don't forget to brush your tongue too!
2. Floss every day - You should floss at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth and under your gumline. It's best to use an orthodontic floss threader or water flosser to get the job done quickly and easily.
3. Rinse with mouthwash - Rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash can help kill bacteria that cause plaque buildup. Be sure to swish the mouthwash around for at least 30 seconds before spitting it out.
4. Eat healthy foods - What you eat plays a big role in keeping your braces clean (and your entire body healthy)! Avoid sugary snacks, sticky candy, hard crunchy foods, and anything else that could damage your wires or brackets. Instead, focus on eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
5. Avoid chewing gum - Chewing gum can be tough on braces, so it's best to avoid it altogether. If you can't resist the temptation, be sure to choose sugarless gum that doesn't stick to your teeth.
6. Visit your orthodontist regularly - In addition to brushing, flossing, rinsing, and eating right, it's important to visit your orthodontist for regular checkups and adjustments. They will be able to spot any issues early on and keep your treatment on track.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your braces clean and sparkling throughout your treatment! Be sure to brush gently twice a day, floss once a day, rinse with mouthwash regularly, eat healthy foods, avoid chewing gum, and visit your orthodontist regularly for the best results.
50+ Reviews on Google and Facebook
I have been very pleased with my experiences at Addison Dental. Janet and the office staff are very friendly and welcoming, and they make going to the dentist as enjoyable as possible! I unfortunately have never had great teeth, but Dr. Vatafu and her staff have done a great job addressing my problem areas and making my smile respectable again LOL!
"Great dentist!! Dr V is amazing & the staff is awesome! Been coming here for almost 5 years now & dont plan on changing"
"We and our son have been very pleased with the care and professionalism of the entire staff at Addison Village Dental. Dr. Vatafu is excellent andall our needs have been addressed quickly and aspainlessly as possible. We highly recommend this practice. Thank you all!"
"My entire family goes here! We love the friendly staff and the doctor is absolutely amazing. She is honest and open about any and all procedures. The staff is also amazing. Even though we only see them every six months its like picking up with an old friend. My husband and son love this office too! Highly recommend!"
I will never go to another dentist again, every one in the office is so kind and friendly. I can smile again. Thank you to everyone for making my experience FABULOUS!!!!
"Very pleased with thorough exam, cleaning and quality of work. Friendly atmosphere with great professional treatment. Dr Vatafu is thoughtful and kind."
"Staff is always super friendly, they always make me feel so welcomed. Dr.Vatafu is very good at what she does!! I will never go anywhere else. I’d rate 7/5 stars if I could"
Glatonbury, CT, 06359